Rose (3% Jojoba)
Botanical Name: Rosa domascena / Rosa centifolia
Synonym: Bulgarian rose, Turkish rose, rose otto / rose maroc, French rose, rose attar, rose absolute
Botanical Family: Rosaceae
Country of Origin: Morocco, Tunisia, Italy, France, China.
Plant Part: Petals
Extraction Method: Rose otto – Steam distillation
Rose absolute – Solvent extraction
Characteristics: Sweet, strong, floral,
Antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, choleretic, cicatrisant, depurative, emmenagogue, haemostatic, hepatic, laxative, sedative, stomachic, tonic
Chemical Constituents: Citronellol, phenyl ethanol, geraniol, nerol, farnesol, stearpoten
Mind & Spirit:
- Relieves depression, grief, jealousy and resentment
- Lifts the heart and spirits
- Eases nervous tension and stress.
- Activates blood circulation
- Relieves cardiac congestion, tones the capillaries
- Balances and strengthens stomach
- Relieves nausea, vomiting & constipation
- Soothes sore throats and coughs
- Beneficial on male and female sexual issues
- Excellent for wrinkles, puffy or dry skin and broken veins.
Note: Middle to Base
Odour Intensity: 7
Blends well with:
Bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, frankincense, geranium, jasmine, lavender, neroli, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, rosewood, sandalwood, ylang ylang
The ancient Romans valued it for its hangovers due to its cleansing & purging action. Persian warriors adorned their shields with red roses and the conquering Turks introduced it to Bulgaria in the 17th century. A symbol of love and purity, the petals were scattered at weddings to ensure a happy marriage.